Hand Engine software
From production day to pipeline, hand motion capture that fits like a glove
If MoCap Pro gloves are your rocket, Hand Engine is your mission control. Designed for a busy motion capture stage; you can connect, configure and calibrate your gloves at speed.
Hand Engine is the interface between our gloves and your animation software. You choose how you record data and how you retarget. With Hand Engine, you’re in control.
Speedy setup with powerful optimization tools
Calibrate each performer in 30 seconds and be capturing data in less than a minute. Hand Engine is designed to help you focus on the shoot.
Whatever the scene, Hand Engine has powerful tools that allow you to tune and optimize your calibration. See the results immediately, and adjust to get the exact results you’re after.
Production ready: anywhere
On production day, your focus should be on the performance. Hand Engine is designed to make production day simple. To blend into and enhance the way you work, with everything you need in one place.
From minimizing the time it takes you to setup, to making it easy to monitor and manage your performers, Hand Engine has been designed for the most demanding motion capture environments.
Training and support
We want you to get the same great motion capture we do, so we provide dedicated support from a team whose sole focus is on helping you be successful with our solution.
Fits easily into your pipeline
The transition from motion capture to animation should be smooth, with data management the key to success. Every pipeline is different so Hand Engine gives you the option to synchronize hand and body data on your target character your way.
With hand data recorded in a format you can easily digest it into your pipeline, data management becomes simple and reliable.
- Stream Live
- FBX for retargeting in post
- Export hand data from Hand Engine as part of a full body FBX file to make retargeting in post simple and accurate.
- Native integration with Xsens
- The best of both worlds. Calibrate your gloves from Hand Engine with all the tools you need at your disposal, click record from Xsens MVN Animate Plus or Pro and the hand data is automatically remapped to the body through our native integration.
- Remote triggering
Full features and specifications
- Record to up to six performers at the same time
- Use your own FBX to remap the output of Hand Engine to match custom characters
- Store performer and calibration profiles
- Calibrate a performer in 30 seconds using Express Calibration
- Preview calibration results
- Use pose tools to tune your calibration to get the results you need
- Set key poses in line with your performers movement
- Pre-built pose libraries included e.g. American Sign Language ASL
- Edit and create your own poses, import / export Hand Engine Pose Library files
- Auto capture – automatically step through a pose library to a timer
- PC clock, Vicon and OptiTrack timecode support
- Record and playback raw data files
- Comprehensive Knowledge Base and customized support from the StretchSense Support team
Stream directly into Unreal Engine, Unity3D, MotionBuilder, Maya, Xsens MVN Animate and synchronize timecode with OptiTrack and Vicon systems.
Once you have created an account, we will assign your license and provide access to the Hand Engine installer within two business days.
Minimum requirements to operate this product:
Windows 10 (x64)
GPU Dedicated graphics