Hand Engine changelog
Moderate update 1 July 2021
Hand Engine Update 1.3.0
1. Major Enhancements and Features
- Option to export recording to full body FBX or two individual hand FBX
Allows flexibility in regard to how the FBX data can be integrated into different offline workflows for merging hand and body data in third party software.
- Migration of Hand Engine to Standalone Application
Run Hand Engine without the need for a Chromium-based browser e.g. Chrome or Edge.
- New Express calibration model
New model with improved performance. Improved splay behavior during finger bend.
! This feature will require the same update to glove and dongle firmware as in Hand Engine 1.2.0.
Learn how to update your firmware:
2. Other features
- Preview Feature: Hand Engine streams out Pose information
Pose ID, Pose Name, Pose Confidence and Active State for key Poses in Pose Detection and Hybrid Mode via TCP Stream. Updated Unreal Engine, Unity3D, MotionBuilder and Maya Plugins can receive this information:
- Unreal Plugin 01.00.05 (please note this plugin has also been updated for UE 4.27)
- MotionBuilder Plugin 01.00.17
- Unity Plugin 01.00.03
- Maya Plugin 01.00.02
Login to your account for the latest plugins.
- Raw data files (CSV files) include column headers for joint angle information.
- Set default Express Calibration time to 15s (for existing users this will not change the timer settings they have already set).
- Warning pop-up when glove and dongle firmware is out of date. Warns user that recording of data may be corrupted if firmware is out of date
3. Bug Fixes
- OptiTrack Timecode fixed when Motive and Hand Engine running on same PC.
- UI added to set OptiTrack Local IP Address for listening to Timecode from Motive.
- SD Card Recorded CSV Files can now be exported into an FBX via File Playback.
4. Known Issues
Manual export of recorded CSV file will use Take Name set in Hand Engine rather than the Take Name used in the CSV file name.
Minor update 26 July 2021
Version 1.2.1 (Hotfix)
- New Express model – Improved thumb splay
- Remote Triggering Recording functionality can now be set in GUI under Settings > Preferences. More details on how to set up remote triggers can be found in our Knowledge Base.
- Expanded take name editing functionality in Settings > Preferences
- FBX now Exports encoded with the TakeName set in Hand Engine instead of exporting with Take001 every time
- Captured poses are now visible not blank upon loading a session
Requires latest firmware version for Glove (v1.0.17) and Dongle (v1.0.12)
Learn how to update your firmware:
Version 1.2: Improved support for optical systems, auto jam sync, Express Calibration improvementsMajor improvements and features
- Streaming Hand Engine data over the network to a computer running MVN Animate Pro or Plus (via UDP). User can set the IP address of the computer running MVN in Hand Engine.
- New Express calibration – new model with improved performance, especially in regard to thumb and splay movement.
- Simplified and expanded timecode synchronization for optical systems (Vicon Shogun and OptiTrack Motive).
- Improved timecode synchronization via wireless jam sync. Gloves can be synced from within Hand Engine. Reduces drift and the need for mechanical devices like UltraSync One to be plugged into the glove.
- FBX recording changes: adjustable frame rates that conform with industry standards.
- Remapping: ability to set binding pose of target asset to L-Pose or Paddle Pose. Previously target asset had to be in L-Pose.
- How to Guides link in Hand Engine updated to new Knowledge Base.
- Crash during trigger of multiple devices resolved (bug fix)
- Fix to align keys with frames (bug fix).
- Loading a session doesn’t load user changes to Xsens Streaming IP Address, Remapping settings.
- UI: Multicast/Unicast dropdown menu is misaligned on different sized monitors.
- When loading a Saved Session the captured poses for the profile loaded is missing. They reappear if you change between profiles.