Hand Engine Motion Capture Software
Hand Engine is purpose-built software that provides an interface between StretchSense MoCap Pro gloves and the animation software of your choice. Connect, configure and calibrate our gloves using a high fidelity, real-time hand solver. Our hand solver has something for all animation and motion capture studios.
- Pose Detection Mode outputs perfect hand pose keyframes in sync with the actors body motion with no noise and no peaks. Preselect only the hand poses you want to see, and drastically reduce post production time by only needing to craft the transitions between poses.
- Blend Mode gives you precise, continuous, smooth and nuanced finger movement by using our machine learning core to interpolate between your calibration poses.
The best part though is that you can toggle between each mode in post production with the click of a button.
All of the raw information from the hand motion capture session is recorded in Hand Engine, enabling you to effortlessly reprocess a session through a new or manipulated calibration profile, or swap modes without needing to go back to and re-shoot.
Connects to Multiple Platforms
We are constantly adding new integrations to Hand Engine. Right now you can stream live mocap data to the following software platforms:
Version 1.0 is currently under development and will contain support for MotionBuilder, Unreal, Unity. Support for Maya is currently in development and will be provided as a software update.
Available on Windows PC. See System Specifications.
- Two licence options available, Hand Engine Animator for sole operators and Hand Engine Studio for studios
- Connect, configure, calibrate and capture up to 6 pairs of gloves simultaneously with Hand Engine Studio license
- Create and save individual, personalized calibration profiles that can be used and reused at a later date to reduce time spent re-calibrating the gloves
- Record raw sensor data and solved hand data against timecode in Hand Engine, and stream real-time hand data to MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine and Unity software — with more platforms like Maya coming soon
- Send take names and start/stop triggers from your digital slate to make synchronization of hands with body and face simple
- Re-calibrate and reprocess in post with complete data recording
- Remote trigger ready — send take names and start/stop triggers from your existing digital slate
|Pairs of glove paired at the same time||2||6|
|Max number of actors||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Max number of calibration profiles per actor||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Streaming plugins (MoBu, Unity, Unreal Engine…)||Yes||Yes|
|Remapping to custom characters||Yes||Yes|
|Blend Mode: Smooth continuous hand solving||Yes||Yes|
|Pose Detection Mode: Output perfect keyframes||Yes||Yes|
|Preview calibration results||Yes||Yes|
|StretchSense pre-built pose libraries||Yes||Yes|
|Pose editing tools||Yes||Yes|
|Save custom workspace layout||Yes||Yes|
|PC Clock Timecode Support||Yes||Yes|
|UltraSync One Timecode Support||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Timecode support||No||Yes|
|Record Raw Data to File||Yes||Yes|
|Simultaneous Multi-performer training||Yes||Yes|
|Digital start/stop triggers from external source||No||Yes|
Your device must meet all minimum requirements to operate this product.
|OS||Windows 10 (x64)|