Hand Engine Motion Capture Software
Hand Engine is purpose-built software that provides an interface between StretchSense MoCap Pro gloves and the animation software of your choice. Connect, configure and calibrate our gloves using a high fidelity, real-time hand solver. Our hand solver has something for all animation and motion capture studios.
Pose Detection Mode
Outputs perfect hand pose keyframes in sync with the actors body motion with no noise and no peaks. Preselect only the hand poses you want to see, and drastically reduce post production time by only needing to craft the transitions between poses.
Gives you precise, continuous, smooth and nuanced finger movement by using our machine learning core to interpolate between your calibration poses.
The best part though is that you can toggle between each mode in post production with the click of a button.
All of the raw information from the hand motion capture session is recorded in Hand Engine, enabling you to effortlessly reprocess a session through a new or manipulated calibration profile, or swap modes without needing to go back to and re-shoot.
Connects to Multiple Platforms
We are constantly adding new integrations to Hand Engine. Right now you can stream live mocap data to MotionBuilder, Unity3D, Unreal Engine and Maya.
Version 1.0.1 is now available with support for MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine, Unity and Maya.
Available on Windows PC. See System Specifications.
- Two license options available, Hand Engine Animator for sole operators and Hand Engine Studio for studios
- Connect, configure, calibrate and capture up to 6 pairs of gloves simultaneously with Hand Engine Studio license
- Create and save individual, personalized calibration profiles that can be used and reused at a later date to reduce time spent re-calibrating the gloves
- Record raw sensor data and solved hand data against timecode in Hand Engine, and stream real-time hand data to MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine and Unity software — with more platforms like Maya coming soon
- Send take names and start/stop triggers from your digital slate to make synchronization of hands with body and face simple
- Re-calibrate and reprocess in post with complete data recording
- Remote trigger ready — send take names and start/stop triggers from your existing digital slate
- Hand Engine is a browser-based application, however, you only need to be connected to the internet when you first activate your license. Once activated, you can use Hand Engine offline just as you would any other software application.