THE COMPANY | We are on a mission to become the hands of virtual worlds. The sensor and smart garment technology we have developed over the past 10 years has proven the most effective, elegant, and comfortable solution in the market, and stands to make waves as mixed reality environments enter mainstream adoption — We don’t just want people to experience virtual worlds, we want them to be a part of it.
THE TEAM | Despite our size of only about 50 people, our tight-knit team covers garments, sensor fabrication, mechanical design, electronics, all forms of software, and data science. At our facility in Penrose, buckets of silicon become our signature stretch sensors, rolls of fabric become comfortable smart garments, and raw sensor data becomes high-fidelity digital motion.
THE ROLE | If we are to scale and apply our solution to other fields such as streamers and immersive learning, it needs to become easier to use, more robust, and flexible. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead the development of a next-generation embedded system platform.
This role suits someone who has worked in a number of software environments, understands the architecture considerations of embedded systems, and has a refined view of what “good” looks like. With your help, we will build an extensible embedded platform that allows us to rapidly iterate through hardware prototypes, and give customers a polished user experience.
· Architect and hone a cutting-edge system platform
· Help establish software development systems and processes for embedded systems
· Develop firmware update facilities
· Design system protocols and interfaces
· Develop device drivers
· At least 6 years of experience working as a software engineer
· Skilled at developing in C/C++
· Proven experience developing software for embedded systems
· Experience working as part of a tight cross-disciplinary team or startup
· An interest in VFX, gaming, and XR
· A passion for technology and applied science across engineering disciplines
· Pragmatic problem solver and lateral thinker
· An individual keen to primarily work in the office, surrounded by our collaborative team.
Experience working with wireless wearable devices will be an advantage.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.