Hands for the Virtual World
StretchSense is on a quest to ensure everyone has the opportunity to play, create, socialise, collaborate, work, and connect in virtual worlds. Hands are the key to unlocking this. Our hand tracking solution uses a bespoke sensor technology combined with a machine learning pipeline that is the best in the market. Our first product is a stretchable motion capture glove that accurately digitises finger movement to animate characters in movies, games, or drive metahumans in virtual worlds.
We are looking for a senior or intermediate QA Automation Engineer to automate product development testing and operational processes for StretchSense’s software and hardware. You will design the testing platform and our automation test structure for our products. You will improve the existing automation and advocate for testability – within both the software and hardware teams. You will write unit tests, integration tests, and manual test criteria.
The role is ideal for someone with a software developer background who has moved into an automation and testing role and has an interest in IoT, virtual/augmented reality, gaming, and/or the metaverse. Someone interested in integrating multiple technologies in a repeatable and testable way would be ideal for this role.
StretchSense is proud to design, develop and manufacture our products in our Auckland Factory.
We are a funded company of 55+ employees, with R&D/Manufacturing in NZ, and a presence in both USA and UK.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate development tasks
- Design and develop a test automation infrastructure
- Plan and create test suites
- Implement automated tests
- Advocate for development methods that improve testability
- Advocate for the use of best practices and introduce new technologies to the company where appropriate
- Drive execution of automated and manual test suites
- Drive resolution of issues discovered by tests
- Report on test metrics
A successful applicant will have:
- A passion for technology and being at the cutting edge of development.
- Experience at all stages of the software development lifecycle, from designing, developing, and releasing a software application to customers and releasing regular updates, and supporting its long-term development.
- Experience working collaboratively with other business functions toward goals and translating these high-level goals to actionable tasks for the software team.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience creating test plans.
- Experience implementing and maintaining version controls and documentation.
Experience working with wireless wearable devices will be an advantage.
StretchSense (Sensor Holdings Ltd) is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.