We are looking for a Production Engineer to join our team in Aotearoa New Zealand
We’re on a quest to make virtual worlds more accessible, so that everyone has the opportunity to play, create, socialize, collaborate, work and connect. Hands are the key to unlocking this. Our hand tracking solution uses our own sensor technology combined with machine learning pipeline is the best in the market. Our first product is a stretchable motion capture glove that accurately digitizes finger movement to animate characters in movies, games, or drive metahumans in virtual worlds.
Join us as we become the hands of the metaverse!
StretchSense is on a mission to create, develop and produce the most usable and accurate glove available to motion capture studios and animators. Founded in 2012, the business has been recognized internationally for the innovation deployed in the field of wearable sensors. Initially, a component business, StretchSense pivoted in 2018 and is now firmly focused on becoming a product company with both hardware and software offerings.
There are significant points of advantage that make the Mocap Pro glove an attractive option to both the current, and future potential, customer base. Ease of configuration, portability, and the lack of reliance on static and expensive infrastructure make it a compelling option for both large and small customers.
We are the product leader in the motion capture industry, and we successfully ran an investment round last year on the back of strong traction in the market. Sales have been strong in this space in FY22 and we are expanding into larger enterprise and content creation markets, and we are about to close a Series A (expected to close May 2022) with the mission of accelerating this expansion.
We need to move fast and want to take this opportunity to bring in some top talent in production engineering to grow the hardware production team.
We are looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join our expanding team. Our Production Engineering team is focused on delivering customer orders, streamlining manufacturing processes and improving efficiency and reliability. This role is a hands-on role and will engage and continuously improve processes with functional stakeholders (Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Production). You will be heavily involved in day-to-day trouble shooting, process characterization and validation, continuous improvement activities. Support, improve, implement, and facilitate all production and process activities with the objective to achieve the defined quality, cost and delivery targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, analyze, develop and implement improvement opportunities within the production team.
- Proactively service and maintain all plant and equipment in accordance with the Maintenance Schedule.
- Review and maintain production process flow, SOP, maintenance schedule, and work instructions in line with the project schedule and pro-actively support project and production teams.
- Lead and manage associated Engineering Change Orders and Engineering Change Notice (ECOs and ECNs).
- Communicate with cross-functional teams on the findings, improvements, implementation, defects and faults.
- Provide training and coaching to team members.
Skills and Proficiencies
- The ability to motivate self and work hard towards goals.
- Strong hands-on and attention to detail.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines within a high-pressure environment.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- A good understanding of Lean manufacturing principles (PDCA, Line layout, material flow, value stream mapping, etc).
- Knowledge and expertise in Lean manufacturing (Six Sigma).
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, prioritize tasks, and work cross-functionally to implement these.
- Commitment to delivering high standards in product quality.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot technical issues/faults.
- A team player keen to be part of a multi-disciplinary team with the ability to influence and build relationships with others
- Having solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to implement process and assembly documentation.
- Creative, innovative, and well organized.
- An Engineering degree or relevant 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with CAD systems, ideally Solidworks.
- Be capable of servicing, inspecting, troubleshooting and testing plant and equipment.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing methods, production processes and mechanical drawings.
- Confident to aid in optimizing Production/Manufacturing processes and systems.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with MRP systems.
- Experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments, preferably in aerospace, healthcare or food processing industry.
- Experience with ISO 9001 standards.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Report to: Production Manager
Location: Penrose, Auckland