StretchSense makes the world’s best stretchable motion capture gloves. The Mocap Pro Gloves and our software, Hand Engine, accurately capture the finger animation of actors for Film, Television and Games. Hand Engine allows us to integrate with other premium motion capture solutions and animation software.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a software support specialist to work closely with our customers to deploy our Hand Engine software and assist in getting our gloves and Hand Engine into their animation and motion capture pipelines and running smoothly. This role is predominately looking after UK clientsYou will get front row seats to the creation of the most detailed and realistic characters ever made through teaching our customers how to use the tools and capabilities we provide to add amazing hand animations in a fraction of the time of traditional methods.
Experience with motion capture and animation software and the animation pipeline will be a strong advantage. You will become a Hand Engine product specialist and be responsible for educating customers on the recommended workflows and integrations for running Hand Engine. We are at the cutting edge of hand motion capture in a rapidly changing environment so you must enjoy problem-solving and need to be adaptable to work with customers during the sales and after- sales periods to make adaptations as necessary to accommodate the specific environment of a customer. You will also have a crucial role in the development of our product as well, you will be the bridge between the customer and the software and product development teams and we want you to leverage your customer contact hours to be an advocate for the user experience of the customer when planning and updating our product roadmap.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers to get Hand Engine set up and integrated into their animation/mocap pipelines so they are getting beautiful hand animations on their characters.
- Educate customers on recommended workflows, solve problems and make adaptations to accommodate the customer’s specific pipeline.
- Be the bridge between customers and end-users and the technical and product teams, and use your time spent with customers to advocate for the customer in the product and development roadmap planning.
- Grow the knowledge base of the company by documenting and communicating your experiences to streamline the onboarding process for new customers.
- Experience supporting the deployment of software to customers and end-users in their own environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience supporting network-based software applications
Nice to have skills
- Experience working in (some if not all of) MotionBuilder / Unity / Unreal Engine / Maya.
- Experience in Blender / 3d character creation and rigging.
- Experience in motion capture for film or games
- Team leadership experience
- Experience in a production mocap or animation environment.
- Remote working / Work from home
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
You must be either located in New Zealand or be able to enter New Zealand under the current Covid19 restrictions.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have in an application support function?
- Do you have customer service experience?