Are you excited to work with a developing hi-tech product?
Would you like to work in a fast-growing industry of Animation?
Are you ready to delve into the world of quality control?
StretchSense is developing incredible gloves for human-machine interaction based on soft and stretchy sensor technology. Our motion capture gloves are specifically designed for animators that require perfect finger position data for movies and games. To guarantee the high quality our customers expect, we are looking for a Junior Quality Engineer to join our QC team.
In this role, you will be involved in all steps of glove manufacturing: production of silicone sensors, textile assembly, electronics, software, mechanical engineering, all the way to the finished product. The multidisciplinary nature of this position requires flexibility, and the ability to dive into individual aspects, while not losing focus on the bigger picture. Working alongside experienced team members, you will build up the skills necessary to tackle challenges independently.
- Inspection and testing of all glove components: textiles, stretchable sensors, electronics, mechanical components)
- Root cause analysis: identifying the reasons for problems in all areas of glove production
- Collecting and analysing data; detailed reporting of results
- Discussion of test results with members of the QC team as well as members of other teams
- Yield reports: maintaining a count of passed and failed components and final products
- Designing tests and test jigs: many of our processes are unique to what we do. Often, there are no ready-to-use test procedures or equipment.
- Manual performance testing of finished gloves at the end of the production line
- Close collaboration with QC team members as well as other teams (Sewing, Production, Electronics, Software, Research and Development).
- Monitoring production processes and identifying new failure modes
- Assisting the Engineering Team with troubleshooting
- Providing feedback to other teams
- Strictly following H&S guidelines
- Sound engineering knowledge
- Comfortable performing hands-on tasks
- Software skills: Python, Matlab, MS Office, SolidWorks, Altium
- Confidence and experience using testing equipment (multimeter, microscope, tools)
- Ability to quickly adjust to changes and learn new skills
- Ability to write clear work instructions and train other team members
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics. Ideally, you have work experience in these fields.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
You must be either located in New Zealand or be able to enter New Zealand under the current Covid19 restrictions.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?