Help us make the best mocap/XR gloves ever.
The natural way to interact with augmented and virtual reality will be with your hands. StretchSense is developing incredible gloves based on soft and stretchy sensor technology for the future of human-machine interaction. Our first product is a motion capture glove specifically designed for studios that need perfect finger data for movies and games.
At StretchSense, we design and build almost everything on site. The sensors, gloves, circuits, firmware, software, and AI systems, are all created by our in-house engineering teams. A DevOps Engineer at StretchSense would help each of these disciplines use automation to bring development into production faster.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for automation and a robust engineering process. The ideal applicant likes to play with lots of different kinds of technology and is interested in VFX and the gaming and film industry. There are lots of opportunities to innovate in this role, so bring your creative hat!
- Design and build IT infrastructure to optimise R&D functions
- Automate processes using scripts
- Develop and drive backup and security strategies for DevOps systems
- Set up cloud infrastructure to support our products
- Work with engineering teams to streamline CI/CD processes
- Work with IT Support as part of a change management process
- Support IT investigations
- Passion for automation
- Relevant education or proven industry experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux administration
- Familiarity with git, bash, and PowerShell
- Experience using GitHub, GitLab, and/or BitBucket
- Familiarity with ticket management systems such as Jira
- Experience using docker
Nice to haves
What we offer
- Great work culture
- Coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Plenty of on-site parking
- Great Penrose (central) location
- Flexibility to WFH
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of experience do you have as a DevOps engineer?
- How many years of experience do you have in the IT industry?