Are you excited to work with a developing hi-tech product?
Would you like to work in a fast-growing industry of Animation?
The natural way to interact with augmented and virtual reality will be with your hands. StretchSense is developing incredible gloves based on soft and stretchy sensor technology for the future of human-machine interaction. Our first product is a motion capture glove specifically designed for animators that need perfect finger position data for movies and games.
We are looking for a Production Quality Tester who has great attention to detail and is organized. As a member of our QC team, you will receive comprehensive on-the-job training to get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
You have experience in the electronics industry (assembly and testing), or a closely related field. Ideally, you have a formal qualification in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechatronics. You will be based in Auckland and be eager to grow with the role and company.
- Quality checks on incoming goods.
- In-process sampling; inspection and testing of samples.
- Inspection and testing of all glove components: textile gloves, stretchable sensors, electronics, mechanical components).
- Manual testing of finished gloves (performance).
- Collection of testing data and producing written reports.
- Collaboration with QC team members as well as other teams (Sewing, Production, Electronics, Software, Research and Development).
- Finding known faults in components and products.
- Actively looking for and identifying new failure modes.
- Assisting the Engineering Team with troubleshooting.
- Providing feedback to other teams.
- Strictly following H&S guidelines.
- Confidence and experience using testing equipment (multimeter, microscope, tools).
- Good electronics knowledge.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Basic to intermediate soldering skills.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changes and learn new skills.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident working independently once trained.
- Intermediate experience
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
You must be either located in New Zealand or be able to enter New Zealand under the current Covid19 restrictions.