Help us make the best motion capture gloves ever.
The natural way to interact with augmented and virtual reality will be with your hands. StretchSense is developing incredible gloves based on soft and stretchy sensor technology for the future of human-machine interaction. Our first product is a motion capture glove specifically designed for animators that need perfect finger data for movies and games.
We are looking for a highly motivated Supply Chain Coordinator who will work in the Operations and Hardware department and report to the Head of Operations and Hardware. This is an 18-month fixed-term position to provide parental leave cover and it has the potential to go to a full-time permanent position depending on the company growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a quick learner and looking for challenges.
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise with internal & external channels to ensure accurate supply plan, identify & manage any risks to fulfillment with key stakeholders.
- Prepare and process planned purchase orders for production components.
- Proactively manage purchase orders through to delivery, problem-solving as necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
- Actively follow up on overdue purchase orders with vendors.
- Ensure components are available at agreed times ahead of planned manufacturing.
- Ensure current specifications are used, and changes have appropriate approval prior to purchase orders submission.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ) and select the best source consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Manage finished goods and order fulfillment
- Ensure correct documentation available to facilitate imports and exports.
- Resolve issues as they arise while the product is being shipped to the customer.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and DIFOT as set by management. Completion of month-end tasks to meet business reporting deadlines.
- Contribute to product design and development, including providing information and recommendations regarding supply chain/logistics consideration in new technology and product developments.
Essential Experiences and Skills
- High work ethic and a “hands-on” attitude.
- Experience in an inventory, purchasing or supply chain style role.
- A great team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a wide range of people across all levels of an organisation.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Organisation and planning skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and numerical skills.
- Proactive in seeking better ways to work.
- 2-3 proven experiences in electronics assembly or relevant.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
You must be either located in New Zealand or be able to enter New Zealand under the current Covid19 restrictions.
Nice to Have
- Has used ERP systems.