Applications close: 23 June 2021
StretchSense makes the world’s best stretchable motion capture gloves. The Mocap Pro Gloves and our software, Hand Engine, accurately capture the finger animation of actors for Film, Television and Games. Hand Engine allows us to integrate with other premium motion capture solutions and animation software.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a skilled software engineer as we scale our Mocap and VR software to more production stages.
Join a team of engineers in disciplines ranging from PCB design to data science, working together to produce the world’s best-performing motion capture glove.
Your role will be to extend the functionality of the StretchSense software suite used by many of the most well-known studios to capture performances.
You will work closely with key customers in the industry to improve their production pipeline. This is a great role for someone interested in gaming and VFX!
Role and responsibilities:
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Understand our customer’s unique production needs and develop solutions
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Document and maintain software functionality
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable skill writing software
- Relevant tertiary education or industry experience
- Experience in a production mocap or animation environment
- Experience supporting network-based software applications
- Experience working in (some if not all of) MotionBuilder / Unity / Unreal Engine / Maya.
- Experience in Blender / 3d character creation and rigging.
- Experience in motion capture for film or games
What we offer:
- A great work culture
- Coffee and fruit
- On-site parking
- Great Penrose location
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years experience do you have as a software engineer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years experience do you have in a software development role?