Applications close: 18 March 2021
The StretchSense Production team is expanding, we have a collaborative culture and a multidisciplinary group of engineers and creatives. We have some of the coolest customers in the world making amazing content and products. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to building the user interface of the future.
StretchSense is producing gloves based on soft and stretchy sensor technology for the future of human-machine interaction. Our first product is a motion capture glove specifically designed for animators that need perfect finger data for movies and games.
We are looking for a production assembler to work on all stages of our sensor production line. Your tasks will include preparation, batch production as well as finishing of our soft stretchy sensors. You will work closely with a great team and engineers to help us create our main product. The work you will be doing is detailed and requires a passion for “getting it right”.
Your attention to detail is paramount as you help finish off our remarkable sensors and ensure our customers receive the same exciting experience every time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparation of components required for producing sensors
- Assembly of Sensors
- Quality control and testing of sensors/components
- Following instruction as per standard operating procedures
- Work towards goals set in the production environment
- Reporting issues on the line and providing feedback to management
- Holds health and safety to a high standard
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Punctuality, reliability and exceptional work ethic
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn our production processes
- Time management skills
- Awareness of hazards in a factory environment
- Soldering experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer literacy
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a production worker?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?