Application close: 4 March 2021
Are you excited to work with a developing hi-tech product?
Would you like to work in a fast-growing industry of AR/VR field?
Are you looking to move into an early leadership position?
Help us make the best motion capture gloves ever.
The natural way to interact with augmented and virtual reality will be with your hands. StretchSense is developing incredible gloves based on soft and stretchy sensor technology for the future of human-machine interaction. Our first product is a motion capture glove specifically designed for animators that need perfect finger data for movies and games.
You are a highly motivated engineer that will manage and implement quality control processes. We are looking for an experienced person with a can-do attitude, a drive to make things happen and foster an environment of continuous improvement. You will be based in Auckland and be eager to grow with the role and company.
- Plan, coordinate, carry and/or supervise tests and processes to verify that products received and manufactured meet specifications
- Schedule and prioritise QC testing to meet delivery targets
- Ability to communicate in a constructive and influential manner both written and verbally
- Develop and implement performance metrics (6 Sigma type)
- Identification and implementation of best practice tests and processes to demonstrate the quality of products and materials.
- Liaise with suppliers on quality issues
- Produce product performance reports fortnightly
- Recording, analysing and trending QC data in specified forms with accuracy and responsibility
- Assisting in the development of SOP’s, checks and guides to ensure the production processes are documented and continuously improved for efficiency
- Strong passion and initiative for problem-solving and process development
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of testing best practice, controlling product and material quality
- Flexibility coping with process changes associated with a product under development
Nice to haves:
- Experience (>2 years) with quality assurance protocols.
- Practical experience (>2 year) within a 6 SIGMA or ISO-certified workplace
- Experience with CAD software and can design components required to conduct your QC testing
- Ambition to grow
Skills and Qualifications:
- Tertiary education in mechanical, electronics or mechatronics.
- Understanding of quality assurance protocols (e.g., 6 Sigma and ISO9001).
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
You must be either located in New Zealand or be able to enter New Zealand under the current Covid19 restrictions.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a quality control (QC) role?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a quality assurance (QA) role?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)?