About the job
Account Executive EMEA (Academia)
Do your hobbies include watching behind the scenes footage of how new games and films were made?
Are you a sales hunter with proven capabilities in closing deals?
Are you based in England?
If you have previous experience selling new technologies to schools and universities, we want to hear from you!
We are a New Zealand based start-up that launched the MoCap Pro Glove to address the need for a reliable hand mocap solution. Our gloves allow studios to capture the nuanced hand gestures of an actor for game and film production. While there have been various solutions for face and body capture, an accurate hand solution hasn’t existed to date.
Our mission is to provide animators with a practical alternative to the traditional methods of keyframing hands. We have ambitious growth targets and are seeking an experienced Account Executive to help integrate our technology into the research units of Academic Researchers and into MoCap Training Institutes by the end of 2021.
For more information visit our YouTube channel
You love selling to people at the forefront of technology. You have previous experience selling to game development, animation studios or VFX houses. Naturally tech-savvy, you’re quick to master new technical concepts and can communicate the technical and business value to multiple stakeholders in an organization.
You will be championing the MoCap Pro Glove by building relationships with academic institutes across the North American region. An important part of the role will involve directly prospecting to a target list of universities. The number of glove units sold will be an indicator of performance in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and progress relationships with key mocap schools across Europe
- Demo the MoCap Pro Glove and Hand Engine software over zoom, and help customers through technical hurdles and handle objections
- Log all deal information, sales activities, communications and notes in the Sales CRM and diligently keep your pipeline up to date
- Be available for travel (after the COVID-19 lockdown) as per company requirements
- StretchSense glove products are constantly undergoing rapid development. To succeed in this role, you will need to stay up to date on the changing glove specs in order to sell the latest improvements to clients
- Identify client needs and provide both technical and commercial feedback to the development and management teams for reviewing both the commercial and technical strategies around the new product line
- Aim to achieve and exceed personal sales targets to drive new business growth
- 3+ years experience in B2B sales bringing in new business through outbound prospecting
- The appetite to work in an exciting but highly demanding start-up environment with ambitious growth
- Must be a highly driven self-starter that can work independently to sales process targets
- Fluency in additional European languages an advantage
- Experience selling into Academic Institutes an advantage
- Competitive base + commission
- Opportunities to further progress your career in an expanding startup
- Opportunities to travel
- Legally entitled to work in England, ideally throughout Europe
- Passport and ability to travel, particularly to New Zealand